PantsOfHonor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PantsOfHonor

A FFXI RP Linkshell on the Lakshmi Server - Please register with your character's name.

2 posters

Rhoa's diary

Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 259
    Jobs : 42 DRG/ 21 THF

Rhoa's diary Empty Rhoa's diary

Post  Rhoa Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 am

Adventuring log...vacation!

I finally found some time to visit Windurst again, this marks the first visit where I don't officially live there anymore. It's really strange not being able to sleep in my old place, it being sold and all. I didn't want to stay at a rent-a-room so Mog and I hit up Gomogi's place for a few days. Aside from Gomogi, Tero and Oru-poru taking bets on if I'd die in a week, I lived so Tero won the bet, it was great catching up with them! I wound up taking over the whole dinner conversation the first night with my adventures, well, that and stuff about Keahi since Airaria and Eirerie wanted to know.
    The visit went smoothly at first but at one point an elder wanted to speak with me, I didn't expect them to *know* of me let alone wanting to chat. The conversation was strange as expected, she kept asking about Mog and talking about how much I remind her of my mom, sheesh I'm a professional adventurer! it's embarrassing to be told that...
    Apparently that was the whole point, she wouldn't stop with the "You've distanced yourself a great deal from your heritage" and "Do you even still have the hunter spirit?" stuff. She wanted to find out if I still had the "family fangs," sheesh... Long story short I had a creature she wanted me to go and prove myself on-alone.

Adventure log: Traveling!
    An airship ride and a day of traveling later I reached Sauromugue Champa-gin, I believe I was here once with Keahi and the others. A local in Jueno gave me directions to their hunting ground and it wasn't too hard to find the lair-this stuff is easy!
    When I walked into the lair I saw a bunch of bones I first thought they were just leftovers from dinner. When I found the beast, a large, aging and rickety tiger, it dawned on me this wasn't a home, it was a graveyard!
    What the heck, does the elder think I can't handle a tiger in it's prime? This is an insult! I wasn't gonna kill something that was gonna die anyway, I just sat and watched it. I couldn't tell if it was relieved I'd let it pass peacefully or not but it eventually kicked the bucket like I thought. I remember Garr mentioning his kind reincarnate upon their death... A shame these guys don't do the same, that would have been cool to see, apparently all they reincarnate into is teeth.
    I expected the trip back to be as smooth as the trip in but I forgot that I, unlike chocobos, run out of breath. Trying to avoid the beastmen I fleed off the road for a bit and was found by a pack of...lizards? Of all the luck, they were on the hunt and I was exhausted.
    I...don't exactly remember what happened, I think I hit my head on something. All I remember is a white blur running passed and then I wake up in a Jueno room. Mog was there, he said some hunters saw the lizard pack and came to the rescue but he's really not a good liar, I can guess what that blur was. No one appreciates the rescue more then me but... I can't help but feel I failed the whole quest now.

Adventure log: Return!
    So we took the airship back to Windurst and went back to the Elder. I conveniently left out the last part but I think Mog told her behind my back. She seemed a little more accepting one I handed the teeth over but heavily imply that I need to work on my hunting skills. She's had me work under some of her rangers for the remainder of my trip.
    I leave back for the rest of the group in a day or so, I know Jestor's going to be happy, I finally managed to get those books I keep promising him! I gave Gomogi some books I picked in Jueno as a trade, they're about foreign warriors and their code of honor in Jueno... I figure it would be up his alley.

Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Rhoa's diary Empty Re: Rhoa's diary

Post  Rhoa Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:17 am

Adventure log: The maze of wyverns

I flipped through the lore book about
    dragons for old time's sake. I readabout Shakhrami,
    a giant sinkhole maze made by water long ago. It's said that many
    dragon bones and other stuff is buried under there, including eggs! I
    remember some people talking about how dragon eggs can survive for
    generations underground, I wonder if I could find one still intact? First things first, I need a pickaxe...
    Well, that wasn't hard, Saehel is so helpful! Thinking about it though I have no idea what to expect down there, I still have bad dreams about Schmidt once in a while... but I can't help but feel that my very own wyvern could be waiting for me out there... Should I go or wait for the others? decisions...

Adventure log: At long last!
    I don't believe it! I'm literally holding it in my arm as I write this!
    A real live, well, sort of, wyvern egg! I've only read about these things and
    now I have one! It's my little partner to help me through thick and
    thin... I was so excited Aenini could hear me making a ruckus over the
    linkpearl, I probably should have turned it off.
    Aenini was on the
    ship to Mhuara at the time. She was on her way to Windurst early while
    the others were still busy. I decided to meet her at Mhura and we both head to Windurst. Along the way it dawned on me, how
    do you hatch a wyvern egg anyway? The two of us talked about it as we traveled and Aenini suggested to stop by the chocobo stables.
    Long story short the stables didn't want it anywhere near the place, guess that's a no-go. Mog suggested I just bury it again and keep myself out of trouble, what a killjoy. I'll assume the Elder doesnt' want it either and save myself another lecture. If the notorious monsters Aria and Eire find it I'm sure I'll never see it again... I know! I'll stuff a box full of hay and keep it in my room! Wait, I don't LIVE here anymore, well, maybe Gomogi wouldn't notice a box in the back of his room...
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Adventure log: Aht Urhgan!

So we're on our way to Aht Urhgan today! Jestor has been itching to go back there for a while so he was all smiles. It was cute watching him drop his serious persona and be all giddy. Oh, and someone found Humaisna! Is that how you spell his name? Well I guess he wasn't "missing" but he hasen't been around for a while then just showed up with Keahi at the boat. Those two seem so close, I wonder what it took to get Keahi to act that friendly? Around me all she does stuff like yell SEA HORROR or act like Garr's murdering everyone...sigh. I see why Gomogi had second thoughts.

We made it to Aht Urhgan! This place is huge, sunny at hot! We wandered around for a little while trying to figure out where everything was. I bought a map with the last of my funds and ran into a fortune teller or something. Everyone was excited to hear what he had to say but he turned me away because I didn't have enough money. I borrowed some from Sae and returned to the guy later, he just told me I was aggressive and that was it-I feel REALLY stupid for wasting Sae's money to hear that. To make matters worse, his distraction got me separated from the group! I looked wherever I could but aside from some burly guys running by, nothing...

I went to the market square thinking someone would be shopping and bumped into this really strange beastman. It, well, he looked a lot like a rarab but with a long nose instead of a flat one and he came up to about my chest and...you know, smart. He said he was a "meercineery" which I suppose is another term for adventurer. I decided to hang around with him until the others show up again. I learned a lot about the Qiqirn, his race, and in return he wanted to know everything about being an adventurer.

When Yaya found I had no money he treated me to lunch at his place. His family had just as many questions but were more interested in the Mithra culture than Yaya, it's kinda hard to explain, not being from the homeland and all. You know, the Mithra and Qiqirn seem to have a somewhat similar history, strange how that works huh? Everything was going great until I had a rude awakening. I have no idea how helping yaya cut a slab of meat with a particular knife constitutes a marriage contract but it does. Arguments broke out as some of the family were outraged and others were excited. I was hauled off to a room while the family made plans. I bet Keahi and Jester never have to deal with being carried off...

I just started my adventurer career! I still have to hatch my wyvern! I can't be part of this guy's family! I planned a brilliant escape, was caught by a guard checking up on me and had to force my way out the door. I must say I had a better tour of the place running for my life then when I first showed up but I don't think I'm ever gonna get the image of that old, nude, wet rat out of my head for a long time. I wound up cornered in the kitchen, Yayaroon jumped in and managed to calm everyone down before I became soup, anti-climatic yes but I'm not complaining!

You know, you would think losing lots of money, getting lost, accidentally getting engaged and meeting another one of Jestor's connections would make me hate this place but I dare say I'm still glad I went. I think becoming a Bastok citizen has mellowed me out a little about new cities-but I'm not gonna let Keahi know that.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:46 am

Adventure log: Keahi and Jestor!

AAGH! I didn't realize what happened to Keahi and Jestor until when we got back! I was so tired out at Aht Arhgan I didn't realize it then! They must think me so cold for not saying anything... I wonder why they were kidnapped? Should we be worried about this in the future?

[edit] Gah! I hate when I mix up names!

Last edited by Rhoa on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : (you typed Rhoa instead of Keahi.. no worries.. I fix :D))
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Adventure log: I screwed up...

So I was packing for my return trip to Bastok and a guy nearby noticed my wyvern egg among the bags. We talked for a little while and eventually he let slip that there's a place in the Meriphataud mountains that is rumored to hatch wyvern eggs. True or not I couldn't pass this up, I had to see if it was true.

And guess what? It was! I honestly didn't expect it but it actually hatched! I was so excited! After all this time it really happened! we stared at each other for a bit, I had no idea what to say. Turns out it didn't matter, before long a roar sounded out and a giant dragon was heading right for us! I tried to grab the Wyvern and flee but the dragon's fire breath forced me to take cover. The dragon nabbed my little Wyvern in it's claws and flew off!

I feel so horrible right now, I've been so eager and excited to have a wyvern of my own and now it's in the clutches of some rotten monster. Maybe if I told the others I found an egg in the first place or waited for them to help this wouldn't have happened...

Adventure log: Fixing things

I did what I should have done in the first place, I found Jestor and told him about the wyvern. He seemed a little preoccupied, is he ok? He has been like that ever since we got back from Aht Arhgan. To make things wierder, Keahi was accepting and agreeable when she hard my story. No snickering? No chastising? She's been acting strange too... Anyway, She went and got Humaisna and they agreed to help me beat it up. This is a dragon we're talking about, all the stories say dragons are terrible beasts of unfathomable strength, is it really that simple?
    As it turns out, it is! I forgot the Keahi and Humaisna had tangled with dragons before and know how to deal with them. For me though that fight was the second dragon I ever took on, so exhilarating! I was so pumped afterwords that I had to run some laps around Windurst to tire out. Long story short we saved my wyvern, Justice! We found the dragon was terrorizing caravans in the area and needed to be dealt with anyway, double justice!

Currently the Wyvern is resting back in Bastok, it was wounded but not badly. Jestor thinks the dragon mistook it for one of it's young and that's why it survived. Either way, I'm just glad it's safe and sound.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Adventure log: Lazy days not so lazy

I've been back in Bastok, the group's been very quiet lately. Saehel's been busy with crafting, Garr has vanished, Aenini is training and it seems Jestor, Keahi and Aenini are crazy for... whatever they're trying to do. I've been busy as well, Mog's been making sure I keep my promise to the elder and train regularly.

Wyvern update: The Wyvern is almost fully recovered. For a while it took to chewing my ponytail and Mog's pom pom, owch! It stopped biting when Mog thumped it on the head real hard. I asked how he knew that would work and he said he did that to me once.

Adventure log: Passing time
    I've taken to cooking myself lizard tails to snack on while out training. Who would have though if you pour honey on a tail and roast it over a fire crystal you'd get such a tasty treat? Well, I guess I did... Anyway, I always thought crystals were just pretty gems mages liked to have, it's nice to know they have a use.

I also stumbled upon a really heavy sword along the cliffs, it looks like it was discarded or fell from higher up on the mountains-did someone lose it? The weapon is very black, it barely has a shine to it at all. This is probably the type of sword that evil villains use when they rampage across the world-before they're taken out by the heroes. I always wondered what drove men to become villains so I decided to have a little fun.

I adopted the persona "Raz-kor, slayer of life" and ran around pretending to be an evildoer. I actually lost track of the time as I was thinking up all sorts of evil quotes and deeds to do. A Galka in black armor showed up. He looked very terrifying and, to my dismay, turned out to be the owner of the sword. He introduced himself as Zeid, I believe I know I've heard rumors about him in Bastok, wasn't he the Mithril Muskiteer which vanished? I returned the sword, I didn't want to pick a fight and my policy is to not deal with people who talk in half-sentances. When I gave the sword back he took a look at it, then told me that "Raz-kor makes a pretty good scrapper, a shame she gets so caught up with her passions." With that stone-cold face I couldn't tell if he was being humorous or mocking... either way, he apparently saw me running around with his sword, how embarassing...
    Jestor
    Jestor
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Number of posts : 173
    Jobs : SCH, PUP, BLU

Post  Jestor Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:38 pm

(( Ooooo! So I can play the good guy as Jestortor of the Tortor clan? *chuckle* I have been training Warrior, and that's like a Vigilate. ))
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:15 pm

(Assuming you ever find out about her playing pretend, she's under the impression it's not what adventurers do. Besides, she doesn't normally play the villain. She just wanted to see what it was like.)
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:16 am

Adventure log: Feeling good!

Saehel has been staring at me a lot lately. It was very distracting so I asked her why. She said my tail and ears were cute! I was floored, I'm used to Keahi snickering behind my back and Jestor being so deadpan a compliment felt so good. I didn't want to take the compliment without offering one back so I told her I liked her red hair. She seemed distant after that, I hope I didn't sound insincere! I need to work on my compliments.
    I admit the day was a lot brighter after that. It's nice when someone tells you you have a nice tail. I guess that's why Keahi acts the way she does, there's more to worry about than just my breasts. Heh heh heh...

Adventure log: New friend and looking back.

I met one of Saehel's friends today, Her name's Kinikko. From what I hear she's from a merchant family in Bastok. She seems interested in joining up with us more than being a merchant though. Wow she's energetic, jumping all over the place. She jumped on people's backs, darting all around Saehel's house, I was worried she was gonna try and leap off the balcony! She liked the lizard tails I can cook and the group spent some time fishing. All in all a nice, relaxing day.
    Looks like I'm not the green horn of the group anymore. I've been feeling a little nostalgic ever since. Looking at where I'm actually speechless. I have friends, a wyvern, Mog's still with me and I'm getting to see the world. I admit the start was... rough and I had serious doubts I could go through with this when I asked Gomogi to hook me up with his friends but now I'm glad I did.

So Cheers, diary, many more adventures to come!
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Adventure log: Wet...

So I was asked by the Bastok guard to help reclaim the Marshlands from the beastmen. It's the summer holiday, I shouldn't be stuck in the swamps! Still, I need the money.
    I don't know which is worse, the dunes are hot, sandy and you have goblins nipping at your tail but the swamps are wet, dirty and turtles nip at your tail instead. At least it makes good training so Mog can't say I've been slacking off again.

Adventure log: Go Windurst!
    I was wading through the muck and Imagine my surprise when I stumbled into a large mass of people. I've heard of this sport but I haven't had the time to look into it. It was exciting to watch, I'll have to ask Jestor for more info when I get back.

Adventure log: Quick notes
    I found Woozyshroom can make a weak medicine to regenerate from small wounds-just don't expect to be able to stand for at least an hour.

Adventure log: Summoner?
    I remember Aenini and Jestor talking about a bright red ruby that summoners use. I found something that's very pretty today but it doesn't look the same, it glows with a more orange glow. No idea what it's for so I guess I'll keep it, maybe Mog would like it?
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:16 am

Adventure log: Weapons!

So I ran into Humaisna and we started talking about weapons. he brought up the samurai and their specialty blades. I said I was interested and before I could blink he arranged a trip out to Norg to show me. He's awfully well prepared for such short notice...

Norg is such a beautiful place, it's sights and sounds come off as very invigorating and lively. On to Norg, can't stop and smell the flowers now... They have tentacles and teeth anyway.

So Humaisna introduced me to a blacksmith who was planning a new weapon and wanted my help, strange how everyone needs a hand when I show up. Anyway, he gave us a checklist which was a really complex way to get the weapons materials. Who comes up with this stuff anyway? Either way it made for wacky misadventures with tall, straight faced and handsome-well, for a hume. I learned a lot about Humaisna on the trip. I finally have the materials but I...uh...don't know if I'm ready to brave the caverns to Norg by myself yet.

Adventure log: Yayaroon and treasure hunting!

Yayaroon and I have become pen pals. He's really interested in all the places I go, probably because he doesn't leave his homeland much. It must be hard being stuck there sometimes.

Remember that orange crystal I wrote about before? I found another that sparkles like the night sky and another that's bright enough to be a campfire on it's own. I really need to ask Jestor about them sometime. I also found a nifty spear to go with my boots. I also think I'm getting used to wearing these "pants."
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:03 am

Adventure log: A giant, gaping mouth...

This marks the third or time I've seen one. It looks like some sort of tree that's a giant, monsterous mouth. The worst part is that when you're away from it you feel uneasy and realize how wierd it is but when you're near it you're somehow drawn to it-Humaisna tells me they're bad news.

...I really don't like those things, I don't wanna see another one.

Adventure log: Festival!

I met Jestor and Aenini in the main square today watching Mumor dance. She was interrupted by one of the dancing fiends and there was a dance fight! I never knew dancers could shoot beams of light with fancy footwork! Aenini and I were cheering and clapping the whole time but Jestor was grumbling. I was secretly rooting for the Mithra... A few days later I found Jestor and Saehel at the fountain, Saehel was pumped and we cheered along but Jestor seemed just as upset as before. I really think Jestor needs to let go at least once, all work and no play as they say...

So I found out I have some tan spots across my face from wearing my mask too much... Saehel told me. Jestor wasted no time in pointing out how overblown my reaction was when I found out. He also rubbed in that I let people push me around by overreacting so much. Maybe I wouldn't be so upset if they told me at the start. now I know now why Keahi's been snickering at me, sheesh. Considering the sorry excuse for pants I've been wearing my legs are probably just as bad...

Adventure log: Batting for the other team?

I just found out that Saehel and Coravin are... mates? She said she thought it was plain as day but it's a big surprise to me. I thought she and Jestor were in some kind of akward relationship. Furthermore, I've never seen this Coravin around. I'm not mad or uneasy, I'm just so confused. How did they fall in love? Where is Coravin all the time? how do they...do it? I don't want to pry but... did she do so much crafting to be "good with her hands"? no! some things are better off unanswered.

Ok, I admit Jesor MAY be onto something with me overreacting a little from time to time...occasionally. so from now on I'm going to try and keep a stiff upper lip. Let's see if I can't get people to leave me alone.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:57 am

Adventure log: Festival!

Everyone got together to play the summer holiday's games. My favorite was the shooting gallery hands down-scored 32. The chocobo chick collecting was a little strange, and I saw a...uh... new side of Saehel I've never seen before because of it. All in all it couldn't have been better. We finished the night with some goldfish scooping, Keahi's a natural, she was moving so fast it was like swatting them out of the lake! I wasn't quite so lucky. If my nets weren't ripping Jake was snatching them out of my scoop. I gave up when Aenini and kinikko started a water fight-I wasn't about to sit down on that challenge!
    Jestor seemed a lot happier tonight but he still isnt' telling anyone what his problem is. he mumbles something about an "anchor" and Keahi does that punch on the shoulder thing.
    When the night went on and everyone went to sleep Sae and I did some midnight fishing. Well, she did-I sat and looked at the stars. We seem to be making a habbit out of staying out late.

Adventure log: Aenini!

Aenini and I continued some training in the forests today. Aenini's really gotten better! I was a little worried way back when we were struggling to survive in the dunes but now I'm wondering if there's a way to tie her to my back so I always have her on-hand..

Adventure log: Armor!

I ripped my armor today! It's lizard leather, how does that rip? Well, I been running around in so many extreme climates it may just be worn out. Mog suggested that since I'm taking a more front-line role I should get some heavier armor. I don't like being constricted but Kupa knows best. I managed to arrange for some scale mail from the muskiteers. It's stuffy and a little too heavy for me to move freely but I barely feel it when enemies hit me. Until I find something better I guess I just have to live with it...
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Adventure log: Heru!
    Keahi, Humaisna and I went to San d'Oria to relax for a little while. Keahi had business and went off on her own so Humaisna decided to introduce me to his, uh, Heru. I thought I knew some quiet people in the past but Heru tops the list. Unlike a lot of Elvaan I've met he seems pretty nice. We had some tea and talked to nightfall. Unfortunately I was too tired to keep going and needed to return to my rented room. Humaisna's pretty lucky to find someone willing to wait for him at San d'Oria like that... and I suspect he's a little more aggressive then he acts, hee hee.

Adventure log: Paladins!
    I asked Humaisna to introduce me to some of the Paladins since they're technically the sister-order to the Dragoons. Imagine my surprise when I wound up taking their orientation! Humaisna said it would be a good experience so I went along anyway. I'm glad I did, the caves we traveled through were so beautiful. Now I'm an honorary Paladin, and they taught me some basic first aid healing! I keep forgetting about it though... I just haven't had to use it before now.

Adventure log: Quadavs!
    Aenini and I spent the day working with the Mithril Muskiteers. We were beating up Quadavs at their base southeast of the marshlands. I think I'm too used to their scouting parties, the quadavs here are a lot more experienced and we took a bit of a beating ourselves. Still, we persevered and the Mithril Muskiteers were successful. This whole ordeal makes me wonder how those blasted Yagudo are doing in Windurst, maybe we should be thinning them out instead of acting all buddy-buddy with them.

Adventure Log: Ochu down!
    I've been beaten around by these ocho's in Ronberry fields for a while but not today! Today marks the day I finally showed one who's boss! I'm proud of Jake, he took it on his own for a while while I was on the ground from it breathing on me. Honestly, I don't think something that ugly should smell that sweet... I remember the ones in the swamps smelled disgusting, maybe it's where they grow? what would happen if Bastok bred them? would they smell like the mines?
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:15 am

Oopse, I forgot to bring my diary on my latest trip to Windurst. A lot's happened so I'll summarize.

I stayed at Windurst for a time by the hunter trainer's request. She was impressed at how much of a bruiser I've become but thought I was tails-backwards with tracking and sneaking, the finer points of being an adventurer. That being said, she had me compeltely re-learn the stuff from the begining. Frustrating but I think it helped a little; it did serve as a nice vacation at least. Keahi seemed worried when I told her, I think she thought I was gonna just give up and go back to Windurst permanently. I had to promise her I would return and she had Tero check up often to make sure I kept the promise. As pushy as those two are it's reassuring.

On my return trip I passed by Jeuno, I realized that I haven't picked up my katana from Norg, I was terrified that they sold it to someone else, it's been so long. A bit of a bumpy ride later I got to Norg and fortune smiled on me, they still had the katana! They didn't seem to mind holding it for so long, I guess these guys have the patience of saints. Either way, I can't wait to try this beautiful thing out!

I returned to Bastok but there wasn't any time for a celebration. The others were carrying supplies to outposts so I hit the ground running. Things seem to have calmed down a little so I spent the afternoon with Kupa and Jake, boy did I miss them. Also, I haven't seen Aenini lately...

Shortly after, Humaisna and I were hunting around the Rolonberry Fields working on our teamwork. Humaisna's gotten a new set of gear but doesn't like it at all. I agree that it looks encumbering but if it helps keep him safe that's the important thing-he's the one keeping the enemy's attention after all. Hmm, I wonder what he'd look like with a mask like mine, if there's anyone that could play the "mysterious masked buccaneer" it's Humaisna.

I've had a chance to try out the katana, it's very different from what I'm used to. It's larger than most of the swords I've used in the past but unlike that large, black greatsword from before it's designed for precise cutting and not reckless bashing. Speaking of that sword, I wonder how that Galka knight who owned it is doing? He gave me the creeps but he didn't seem like a truly evil guy...

Last edited by Keahi on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed it for ya, James. No worries. ^^)
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Adventure log: Lazy days.

I couldn't find anyone in Bastok today. I decided to head to San d'Oria since Humaisna may have Paladin business to do, that and I could have snuck a peek at the libraries about dragons. I stumbled upon Keahi on my way in, she planned on fishing all day. A few goblins were fishing around the fishing hole and didn't want to share. A few lumps on their heads and they were much more agreeable, I got a rod out of the deal too! I helped Keahi fish for a time then decided to just lay off and give my feet a rest. It officially became a day-off.

Which brings me to something I never understood: Keahi and Tero. I never understood how someone so happy and free-spirited as Tero could fall for someone so sarcastic and mischevious as Keahi. When I was back at Windurst I asked him and he seemed to have a completely different view of Keahi, much more open and...romantic. This got me wondering, is Keahi putting up a front? I JUST HAD TO ASK...

The conversation started as I expected, she denied anything special but when I let slip I talked to him about it she dropped her usual, cool persona as I planned. I just didn't expect what came next... Considering I was prying so much she thought I was trying to slip in and take him for myself, I've never seen Keahi so aggressive before! She was dead convinced and wouldn't believe me when I tried to tell her otherwise. I think I got her to calm down eventually but she still had that suspicious glint in her eye.

She brought up an interesting point. with the population ratio I never thought how hard it must be to get and keep a male Mithra, I never worried about it before. Being an adventurer and not home with Tero must be a lot of stress on her too. Makes me wonder if I'd ever find one of my own all things considered. On the bright side, I was right! Keahi definitely has a soft spot, how cute!

That aside, Jestor showed up. He was sick of his work and wanted a break. He was a lot more talkative today, asking how everyone's been and complaining about work. The conversation was all over the place, it stretched from Fishing to Norg and eventually Yayaroon of all people...er...beastmen? I didn't expect Keahi and Jestor to show interest in him but they actually wanted him to come to Bastok sometime! Maybe he could do with a vacation, I'll have to write to him about it, but his family...hmmm...

I can't remember what happened next, the conversation was going everywhere and the lake was so calm and comfortable, I passed out. I must have really been tired, they dragged me to a hotel room and dumped a bucket on my head and I didn't notice at all. That's twice now someone dragged me to a room when asleep, I don't know what to think about that.

In closing, Keahi wrote a note and I THINK she's not mad... but this prank is a trademark of the Notorious Monster Twins back in Windurst. I fear for my future.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Adventure log: Beasts! lots of beasts!

I've been in San d'Oria taking care of some Dragoon business and doing a few odd jobs for some spare cash. I was taking a break and decided to mess around with that beautiful Mumeito I have... when I saw a little red bug I've never seen before. I went to investigate when a giant, blue beast came out of nowhere! It was pretty terrifying, I've never seen something like that in all my traveling.

I found a moogle nearby and, to my surprise, he was the one responsible for them. No I didn't eat a woozyshroom, he was a moogle rancher and his herd was loose. He needed a hand getting them all together, I don't know if it was because he was so tiny or my curiosity but I decided to help out.

Once I found out about the "Eude de Buffalo" I almost turned right around but I'm glad I stuck with it. These behemoth-sized buffalo were not as hard as I first thought. The younger ones are pretty friendly and the cows are only a problem if they get you in their sights, prodding them in the rear does the job.

There were way too many buffalo for me to handle but after pulling in somehwere between 16 and 20 he let me take a break. I must have impressed him, he said I was a natural at this and asked if I've considered a career in it. I wasn't about to marry a moogle or anything if that's what he's asking... but he did give me a medal, apparently granting me permission to practice beastmaster. I didn't really plan on training anything side from Jake... but I feel accomplished!

Adventure log: Kupa's family!

I was returning from San d'Oria and Kupa braught up a festival at his hometown was coming up. He decided to visit his parents for a few days. You know, I guess they're *technically* my grandparents when I think about it... I don't know if moogles would like me running around where they live though. I asked him to give 'em a letter for me at least.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:35 am

Adventure log: Working out.

I put up my armor and spear for a few days and I've been running around in my old gear. My swordplay is rusty and I can't rely on the same tactics I've gotten used to with my heavier gear.

Having all this time has let me reflect on this. I've grown a lot since I've left Windurst. I started out wearing just gear I bought at the store. Now I'm a full-fledged adventurer! When I started wearing heavier armor as a dragoon I could barely move around with it, Now I'm able to run almost like I didn't have it on.

I started out inexperienced and, I admit, a little old for a starting adventurer. Since then I've traveled most of Vana'Diel battling fierce monsters and... well, some NOT so fierce. I have the others to thank for it, I've had my rough points with some people but I don't think I'd be any better off had I not met even one of 'em-I don't think I'll tell them that, it's probably not professional to get all emotional like this.

That's why I like diaries!
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 am

Adventure log: My head hurts...

It was the first time in a while that we all managed to get together as a group. I was so excited! I had a great feeling and it all started great. Eventually, Saehel brought up Coravin's mom. I thought she didn't have a mom but suddenly someone appeared out of nowhere and said they were related. If that wasn't enough, suddenly everyone started talking about time travel! Aenini, Keahi and even Saehel have found some way to go back to the Crystal War! I think Humaisna knows about it and, naturally, Jestor knew about it too. Am I the only one that didn't know?

Cor's mom, Nekaru, showed up and we talked for a bit. She had a giant woman with wings following her. Impressive is that is, I think it made Aenini very upset and mopey. After we talked for a while Saehel took Nekaru to meet Gar...and Keahi and Jestor started getting down too! I can't tell if people trust Nekaru or not... I guess I'd be suspitious if someone claiming to be my mom showed up out of nowhere too. Ah why did today go so wrong?

We wound up going to a maw with Keahi and Jestor to see if I could go back in time. They were...engulfed in light and eaten or something like that but nothing happened to me. Keahi suspects only certain maws work and maybe it only works for people who it's "supposed to." To say I'm feeling "left out" would be an understatement.

All this is too much for one day, my head hurts. I don't wanna think about what else the others may not be telling me. I don't wanna think about the past. I'm just gonna practice my shooting. Roaming Vana'diel, not a care in the world.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Adventure log: Arts and Crafts

Kupa has taken it upon himself to try and teach me how to carve again, I wasn't interested back when I was a kit. Kupa says it's good to have a hobby but I wonder what we could have used the money on if not for all these bones and oranges we're buying... Everyone else seems preoccupied as well. We still meet and work together as often as we can but I haven't seen Aenini much and Kinikko at all lately. Humaisna still seems a little distant, probably something on his mind, and Saehel, Coravin and Nekaru are often working on something together.

Between you and me, Diary, I'm starting to feel a little jealous. I always had Kupa so I was never concerned about my parents until Nekaru showed up. Ever since then She's been toting around her family status with Cor to the point I can't really see either of them without Nekaru hot on their heels. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Cor's had a chance to meet her mom, and Nekaru can settle down from her wild adventuring lifestyle and be together but-

Well, when all of us were exploring an old, Elvaan ruin and Humaisna braught up that his dad was probably killed there he braught up that he would rather know what happened then to be left in the dark. I'm in the dark and it's beginning to bother me. I wonder if Keahi and Humaisna feel the same way? Maybe that's why Humaisna is upset? Wait, I think Humaisna still has his mom and I think he can time travel like the others... Speaking of which, I found another Maw yesterday, intimidating at is it is still just sits there, doesn't do anything for me. I hate time travel.

I've been talking to Kupa about some things on my mind, he thinks it may be time for another trip back to Windurst. I'm sure my trainer's gonna be excited...
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:27 am

Adventure log: Oopse!

if talking about Humaisna and Saehel's relationships to Aenini wasn't enough, I decided to ask Humaisna about time travel and his parents. Next thing I know we're babbling about my parents and what little I know about them. I'm glad we had the chat but now Humaisna, Jestor and Aenini are all involved... I think my big mouth made this problem a lot bigger then I wanted.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:57 am

Adventure log: new blood!

A new recruit to our group showed up today! I'm not sure how to spell his name, I think it's lynku. Anyway, after he introduced himself we all went to the dunes to get him warmed up to the adventuring life. This brought back so many memories of when I first started out, The whole group had a trip down memory lane and some good times. This all makes me want to go look through some of my older sutff Kupa and I dragged over from Windurst.

Adventure log: Something doesn't add up.

Since I mentioned looking through older stuff with Kupa, he decided to charge me with cleaning the place for the day, how generous of him, sheesh...

in the attic I found a few old letters Kupa had, they're some kind of conversation Kupa had with a Mithra named Kohau Nahef. You know, when I was reading through the first few letters I noticed She and Kupa were very close, I suspected she could have been mom... but it doesn't add up. Why would Kupa hide these letters from me if this was my mom? I later noticed that only some of the letters were from this Kohau, the rest were letters and reports from various people, all talking about Kohau turning traitor! From what Kupa's told me mom was killed in battle but nothing about being a traitor. Maybe this Kohau was a different person they both knew? If they knew Kupa and mom and was a traitor she could have tried to do something about it, or she did something with mom... did she kill mom?

I need to know...
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 am

Adventure log: Some old guy's pants!

A whole lot has been going on lately, I don't know where to begin! I think it started when I was looking for some odd jobs in San d'Oria and helped out a guy named Cerulean. Turns out his boss, a jerk by the way, had an herloom from his dad stolen from him. That mystery turned into a buried treasure hunt since the thief, well, buried it somewhere dangerous. Nekaru and Jestor were in the area so we tried out luck finding it. I was hoping Humaisna would have been around but he must have been busy reaming drinking tea with Heru. I'm happy to write we succeeded! We found the old armored...pants. Nekaru seemed interested in going to some other ruins and looking for some old treasure, something I've been eager to do lately.

You know, at first I was nervous that having someone's mom in the group would make things akward and having her hit on you is even more scary but when you get her in an old dungeon she can be fun to hang around. Jestor seemed a little quiet, I'd say something but I don't know what I should say. I'm not sure what we have in common to talk about...

Oh! I saw a ghost! well, I've seen ghosts before, but this one didn't want to kill me like the others! It's the ghost of the smith who forged the gauntlets we found. The gauntlets are like crawler-mung not unlike wet goblins in the summer heat beyond repair. He said he'd be able to repair them with the right materials... but I haven't heard of them before, I'll have to look it up.

Aenini hasen't gotten back with me about this mithra from the letters yet but she's seemed busy, maybe I'll bring it up later...

Adventure log: Summoning!
    I almost forgot... Nekaru explained details about summoning to me. She also showed me various creatures that can be summoned and OH MY GOODNESS SHE CAN SUMMON A DRAGON. Well, it's a sea serpent but I think that's the cousin related to the dragon or something. I wanna be able to summon it...but I don't know if they wanna speak to me. It seems these communication rubies show up to whoever they want to communicate with and I've never run into one aside from Aenini's and Coravin's
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Adventure log: I once had a name.

I talked to Kupa and he confirmed my fears, I'm Kohau's daughter. I admit I was a little...emotional over some things; why she would turn traitor, why wasn't I told about it, who else knows... stuff like that. We took almost the entire day off to talk about it.

When Kohau turned traitor the only reason I wasn't kicked out of Windurst was because Kupa and my trainer would not let me suffer for my mom's actions. Still, there were a lot of veterans who knew people killed due to her, they weren't about to let her betrayal to unanswered. My trainer argued I could redeem the family name but Kupa suggested I be removed from the millitary entirely, Kupa won out and they were both put in charge of caring for me. My trainer wanted me to contribute to the nation somehow, so she set me up to train as a huntress. I know the rest from there.

Since I was pretty tame and didn't cause trouble in Windurst most of the Mithra and Taru let go of what happened. Bastok and San d'Oria were concerned with Kohau more then her daughter, they were told her daughter was delt with. my last name was officially dropped to finalize my separation from the Nahef history. I guess this also explains why I never understood how intense competition for male Mithra is, I probably wasn't going to be allowed to breed anyway.

I think it's best I not talk about this to the others. Humaisna's a good guy but whenever the subject of his dad comes up he gets really moody... I don't wanna think what would happen if he knew my mom was behind the battle his dad died at. When Aenini and I were talking a preist overheard us... I REALLY hope he didn't hear too much. To make matters worse, if Rahal or any of the knights found out I could probably kiss my career as a dragoon goodbye... but if that happened I'd probably keep adventuring, just I'd be more of a renegade. That may be kinda cool, laying low, saving people in the shadows. That's how legends start! the mysterious dragoon, some say she was disgraced and rejected from society but her sheer dedication pushed her to continue service to justice and peace... What am I writing!? That wouldn't be fun at all!
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 am

Adventure log: WHAT.

I was wandering around San d'Oria when I ran into Saehel and Lynku. I was introduced to Saehel's aunt... or rather she introduced herself to me, aparently she wanted me to do an errand for her, I'm not sure if she even realized I was one of Saehel's friends or assumed I was a random adventurer... Either way, Saehel told me the others were at the Church, what would they want there?

I wound up walking in as Keahi and Nekaru were about to tear each other part! Aenini said that Nekaru was talking abotu Tero in front of Keahi...nothing good can come from that. Humaisna was trying to keep everyone civil but even Aenini was getting angry at what words were flying around. I tried to help Humaisna keep everyone calm, so I took Aenini out of the room for a bit.

After letting her vent some steam, and take out an orc in a very un-aenini like way, Aenini said she wanted a wyrm of her own! I acted calm and smoothe but on the inside I was jumping with glee, if she becomes a dragoon we'll be like a tag team duo! It'll be great! She's going to get back with me when she wants to go find an egg.

After Aenini left I got back to the others. It seemed it was all said and done, Nekaru asked if I wanted to get a drink and watch the boats come into port. I had a feeling in my gut she needed someone to talk to so I went along, I passed on the drinking though. we talked a bit about Coravin's dad, how they met and a little on what led up to her jump back to the present, even about Nekaru's parents. Between you and me, diary, I think Nekaru just doesn't know exctly how to be a mom so she comes off as trying too hard to the others. ...Now that I think about it, I wonder what it would be like if my mom suddenly showed up again... all things considered.

This whole mess reminds me of when Jestor and I were....at odds. I figured trying to help Humaisna was a way of returning the favor to the others... I can't say if they saw it that way.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:48 am

Adventure log: spare hands!

Today Humaisna and I went to do some tests or...something at the tower in Qufim, or that's what we were hired to do. Turns out the ambassador decided to do that before we arrived so it turned into a rescue mission... either way, I got a good amount of gil out of the deal.

Afterwords, Humaisna, Nekaru and I went to the Demon's fortress for the fire that the blacksmith spirit wanted to repair those old, disgusting gauntlets out of. Wow, that last sentence sounded mysterious and epic, I'm so proud! Anyway, We were making pretty short work of the demons there but when we tried to get a hold of the fire some kinda wierd, twisted bomb creature showed up. It kicked us around a bit, well, as best a bomb can kick without legs... then a whole host of demons showed up without any warning at all! I guess it was lunch time? They could smell Humaisna's holy powers? We may never know. As great a fight as it was we would have been done for if Nekaru didn't summon Laviethan...leviathen? However you spell it, IT WAS SO IMPRESSIVE! HE'S LIKE A GIANT, ARMLESS, LEGLESS DRAGON, BECAUSE HE IS. After everything was cleared out I realized that we forgot to bring a torch or something to take the fire with... I wasn't about to head home empty handed after all that so Humaisna and I just ripped the stupid pillar out of the ground! I got a few weird looks in Jeuno but I have a shiny pair of restored gauntlets, ha!

On a sidenote, the place was how I remembered it from my first visit with Nekaru and Humaisna, twisted, black, the embodiment of the villain's fortress. My thoughts wandered to mom, if she ever went there, why would she even do what she did? Humasina noticed and asked what was wrong, I didn't know what to say. I really need to stop looking like I'm thinking...wait that doesn't look right on paper. Ah, I'll fix it later, Jake and I are tired.
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 am

Adventure log: Lookin' the part.

Everyone's been missing lately, not sure where they went... all except for Nekaru so I've been hanging around Nekaru a lot more. I know the others have a problem with her but she seems pretty nice to me, and she knows a whole lot of great spots for some exciting fights and lots of information about places I haven't been before.

For example, we explored a volcanic mountain a little while ago. I expected it to be hot but it still surprised me, wearing my padded Brigandine was not a smart idea... It was all worth it though, we stumbled upon some treasures, among them an old set of armor I got to keep. It was a little large but a little fixing from the guild and it was perfect! Nekaru commented that I'm really starting to look like a Dragoon now, words cannot express my glee.

Adventure log: Paragon of Dragoon Excellence!

Rahal and I finally got a lead on this guy trying to get the helmet of the last Dragoon! I got Nekaru involved since she was the only member of the group I could find and we went to a deep ruin near Khazam. After dealing with his lackeys-not as easy as I first thought-the guy managed to summon the spirit of the Dragoon. Usually I'd be worried about something like this but I didn't get any feeling of dread when he showed up and took a long look at Jake. Rahal showed up and with the spirit of the Dragoon not on on the rebel's side, he was quickly arrested.

As it turns out, the spirit wasn't evil or vengeful at all, and he explained why he left: His dragon's seal became twisted during the last battles he was in. Because of this he and the King of San d'Oria conspired to have him "killed" on a mission so could flee into seclusion without anyone's knowing. With that revealed, he gave a compliment to Jake (and scratching the back of his head, his sweet spot) and gave me his blessing before he faded away. It's hard to sleep tonight, I'm so excited from today's events! Kupa isn't either but that's because I have the light on, whoops!

Adventure log: Invitation!

I received a letter in the mail today from Rahal. With the mystery of the last Dragoon resolved, Rahal has requested that I move to San d'Oria and become a recruit and trainee for the Dragoon knighthood! I was floored, Being an adventuring Dragoon is one thing but being recruited by a high ranking knight is something I never dreamed of! Well, I did once but that was in a weird dream when I had too much cheese one night...

Kupa and I are going to speak with my trainer in Windurst about this, as exciting as this is the nobility in San d'Oria would not be so accepting of an outsider... with my family history. I know she'll probably be against it but this is my dream... Even if it's Risky I would never forgive myself passing this up!

Rahal said he'd give me enough freedom to continue adventuring from time to time but this means I won't see the others as often. As crazy as this sounds I think I'd miss Bastok. The beds were painful, the people strange and the nights were filled with machines grinding away... but I grew to like that over time.

I still can't believe this are turning out like this!
    Rhoa
    Rhoa
    Pearlholder
    Pearlholder

Post  Rhoa Fri May 21, 2010 5:43 pm

[deleted yay]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content